I saw the preview of this movie when i went to watch another at Palace Cinemas about 6 months ago (i think it was at Palace...and i think it was 6 months ago).
It was colourful...it was vivid...it was extraordinary and filled with so much texture. And the music was so vibrant...i felt like rocking to it.
I tend to like movies that are off the beaten track. Movies that are different. Which is probably why i would rather go watch a movie that has come back with controversial reviews stating that the movie is violent and offensive, or that the movie portrays things "realistically". Movies that are black.
It was quite disgusting, but i liked watching Irreversible.
But on the flip side, i am a romantic comedy junkie and my silly favs are: She's all that, Ever After, Head over heels, 10 things i hate about you, and the like.
Marie Antoinette will be different. To me, i think it will appear like a burst of colour. It will be enticing. I quite like Kirsten Dunst too. I dont know why, but i do.
I watched the Virgin Suicides on SBS, Saturday night. I didnt have anything to do and it was on after Iron Chef (America) and RockWiz by Request. Kirsten Dunst was in that one too. This is also a movie that i enjoyed. Its a story of 5 sisters of one family all committing suicide.
Virgin Suicides is also a Coppola movie. I think it was her first. Which probably explains why i enjoyed it so. I also liked watching Lost in Translation, another Coppola flick. So, i expect that i will love Marie Antoinette.
I guess i will have to wait until it comes out on Boxing Day to watch it. I realised that i missed out on the premiere this Thursday at Palace. *bugger*

No comments:
Post a Comment