Monday, December 04, 2006

Feeling like it was 2001...

I've just spent all this time reviewing a major Business Case and in it are descriptions of network designs, which applications are being migrated, what kind of solution will be implemented in the coding...

Thats only as far as i got.

I also spent 3/4 of the time doing searches online to review all the things i dont remember from the Networking course i did back in Uni. Especially the easy stuff like the 7 layers of the OSI model...quite frankly, i dont recall much of it...i remembered that there were 7 layers and thats about it.

But when i started reading it again, i felt like i was brought back to the lecture theatre listening to Tony "Something" who was this spaced out hippy-like lecturer, but who was way cool and a really understanding person.

Reading the Business Case further, going through the steps of these migrations it hits me!

I'm doing a project like the one i did for my 3rd year final major group project. Something of that scale. I started thinking about how i would code these functions in the program.

*hold up*

Like, wtf? Why am i thinking about programming?

The beauty of all of this...is that i dont have to touch the programming at all!

*phew*

I just need to make sure someone else who knows what they are doing, complete their tasks so that they next person can do their bit...and that the whole project flows as smoothly as possible!!!

*sigh*

No comments: