Thursday, October 28, 2004

Varied tones...

I speak differently to guys as i do to girls.

I speak differently to guys, depending who they are to me.

I noticed last nite that the tone in my voice changed with my ex.

When i was still single and we hung out, id sound all girly and feminine.

Now i speak to him in the way i speak to my brothers, or to my really close male friends...because around them, i am the tomboy i once was and i speak to them like i am one of the boys!

I notice now that when i speak to him my girly feminine voice is directed to him.

Even when im upset with him or around him...i will still be soft spoken...

But with anyone else, i would be loud and angry!

I dont know.

Is it a matter of my sub-conscious choosing my different personalities and directing them to whomever???

I dont think i choose to speak in what tone with whom...

Is the girly, feminine me...really me? Or is the tomboy the real me? Can't i be both...aren't i both???

All i know is, the tone i now speak in, to my ex...its changed...which means our relationship has changed.

1 comment:

Meyo said...

It's not unusual that you're a different person among family, friends, co-workers, a lover or a stranger, let alone having a change in tone of voice. The truth is, they're all you. It doesn't make you a fake when you need to adjust to your environment.

The girlie tone of voice thing is interesting though. You'll know you're just not into him that much any more when you start hearing yourself with a deeper voice around him? It could mean you're just more comfortable around him maybe...