Friday, August 20, 2004

Footnotes to petals yesterday...

(1) Sass & Bide, Lee, CK, Nobody, Billabong, Golf Punk ...

I am a horder of jeans...there was a time where buying jeans really annoyed me. They just didnt fit my body shape...my waistline was a size or two too small for the rest of it. Now, when one of my fave store goes on sale..."Loose Threads"...i go nuts and i pick up a pair of jeans!

X_x

< in the process of modifying my blog, i seemed to have lost a paragraph from this first part >

Basically it went like this...

i have over 15 pairs of jeans and there are only 7 days in a week, and of those 7 days...i only can really wear them on 3 out of the 7 days. Out of the 15 pairs of jeans i do have, i only wear about 5 of them...thats me being honest here.

So, why should i even concede that it is okay to buy more?! Its illogical, no matter how much of a bargain buy it will be!

*STOP it you SHOPAHOLIC*

(2) I am divorcing my friends...at least a separation for a long time!

I have discovered that i give people the benefit of the doubt, and naively, i think that most people are really good people.

*and then they prove me wrong*

So, i get really disappointed when they are not like me. I am loyal to my friends. I believe in honouring what i say. I believe in considering other's feelings before making rash decisions if it involves them.

After all the things that i have found out about everyone, i am ashamed to call those people friends.

(3) An example of my Dad and i having an arguement + Mum's intervention (ad lib version):

He comes home complaining that he couldnt call the house.

Mum says lil brother was on the net. She asked: "Why didnt u call his mobile?"
He said: "I kept getting a voice message with our daughter's voice on it."

* i looked at him, thinking u called the wrong number then*

I said: "Are u calling his old number? He gave that SIM back to me a very long time ago."
He replied: "No, i called this number - 04xx xxx xxx."

*My brother looks at Dad's mobile, checking his mobile number*

My brother says to Dad: "Its the wrong number Dad, these two digits are wrong."
Dad is still defensive: "How come ur sister's voice is on the message?"

*i looked at him thinking...ur confusing my voice with another girls voice, who that number happens to belongs to*

I said to Dad: "Maybe that mobile number belongs to a girl...did she actually say 'Hi, this is petals. Please leave a message and i will call you back.' ?

Dad being adamant: *Pause from him thinking, did the girl say "petals"?*
"No, but i'm very good at recognising people's voices. I can pick up on anyone's voice when they call me, without looking at who called. And i know my own daughter's voice!"

*i think i rolled my eyes...like, u obviously heard wrong!*

Me being adamant: "Err...but i dont have that mobile number, and neither does anyone else in this family...why would my voice be on someone else's voicemail anyway? Maybe there are a lot of girls who sound the same as me? Maybe by coincidence, the girl who owns that mobile, does sound like me! It is impossible to have actually been me! I think ur confusing my voice with someone elses."

*grr*

Mum's intervention: I was really peeved at this point that he was arguing with me over someone else's voicemail, in which that other girl sounded like me. But Mum said something making it out to be "my fault" for pursuing an argument with my Dad...although it was him, chucking a hissy fit being adamant that her voice was mine!

Like, OMG!!! Its physically impossible for me to have recorded my voice on that mobile number because i dont have that SIM to record it on!!! "

5 comments:

Riss said...

Loose Threads sell Sass&Baide jeans?

I feel your pain, I could never find a pair of jeans that fit me nicely...which explains why I have around 10 different pairs! hee

petals said...

oh...no they dont...if i was to get Sass & Bide...i would go to Tuchuzy...which reminds me, i havent been there for over 6 months...they have good sales too!
;)

Riss said...

where is Tuchuzy?

Tu said...

I'm right here. Hi Riss :)

petals said...

There are 2 stores i think...

One of the Tuchuzy stores is in Burwood, and the other is in Bondi Junction, i think.

The Burwood store is the one that i frequent, cos its closer to home...