But i would have liked a little warning that my face was going to be snapped and plastered on the work intranet! I mean, please, some sort of warning. I look like ive had a really bad nite & day, and im suffering from a cold/flu!
Its being loaded up, i guess because everyone wants to know what we (my department) look like...its going to be stuck with a profile of our job and resposibilities...like, what the?!
I dont want people to know what i am responsible for?! AND i dont want the people interstate to know what i look like! I hope it doesnt get distributed amongst the "greater" intranet, to all our sister and our parent company intranets! How sucky is that?! =(
It really made me feel like i was in school again, taking a personal portrait during School Photo Day. Or taking a passport photo before renewing my passport! And we all know how badly those photos can turn out! *bummer*
I had a hit of dejavu last nite. My dad was singing a song as he walked up the drive way to the back door. As a kid, although i didnt understand Manderin...i loved it when Dad would sing a Manderin song. It relaxed me...i think because it relaxed him...it was comforting to know that Dad was home from work and last nite, i felt like a kid again...
I havent felt so nostalgic as i did last nite. I complain that i am currently going through my quater-life crisis...but thats a load of bs...and im just complaining! But i sincerely believe that my father is going through his mid-life crisis.
For a long while, he didnt sing as he walked up the driveway...he didnt walk up the driveway while i was awake to hear, even if he was singing...My dad use to come home like clockwork because of what he did for a living...and then he decided to be his own boss, and became self employed. That was over 10 years ago, and for over 10 years...my dad just changed. I dont think he was happy with his choice...
So, for a decade...he has been feeling miserable...which is probably why he hadnt been singing for a long time. I think in his mind he has finally made some crucial decisions...which is why he can sing as he walks up the driveway these days...
Its quite sweet when i see my father carry Aimee and he rocks her to slumber. As he does so, he sings to her...and no matter how much she might be crying...she quietens down when she hears his voice and she falls asleep. I wonder if when i was a baby that he did the same thing? But according to Mum he never carried me. Maybe just as today, when i was baby...i must have heard him singing as he walked up the drive way...

No comments:
Post a Comment