Friday, August 22, 2008

Still not packed...

There isn't much time until I go to NY & Mauritius.

I'm getting more worried than excited. All these projects I have that decided to take flight this week and the scheduling of activities with multiple parties is driving me nuts.

For one project, my tech lead has left the company. So, I feel a bit stranded and lost. My technician doing the implementation is leaving the company next week...and there is no replacement...its cutting too close to the launch date and I don't want to be the one to let the customer know that their expectation may not be met. Even though they know he is leaving, because they fund his contract and they know its ending next week. I'm the one who has to remind them that they didn't want to keep him on and therefore, their project is in jeopardy because one team held us up and now he is leaving. *ugh*

I don't need this right now.

My other projects, I have managed to talk to the sponsors and got them to agree to implement the changes when I get back. But the changes happen the week I get back. So, i'm trying to line everything up now and just execute it upon my return...with the jetlag.

I come back on a Tuesday...return to work on Wednesday. Crazy, I know...but I'm a contractor now...I don't get paid while I'm away and that would hurt the pockets...especially with the mortgage.

I cancelled on my dinner this Saturday night. My friend is sick...so sick, they were in bed all day yesterday. I told the friend that if they were in bed all day Thursday...they really wouldn't be "better" by Saturday night. I'm not keen on getting sick before my trip, I started getting a sore throat on Monday and started taking Ease-a-Cold lozenges and it has subsided.

I can't seem to find any of my bikini's...I wonder where they all went???

Because I haven't started packing, I don't know what I have or what I am missing...I'm getting frustrated at home...I'm all tense...and to add to things, my muscles in the legs are sooo tight, I can't run like I use to. And I think I'm starting to get a shin splint on the right. Dammit!

Today is full on...next week will be hand over documents...*sigh*...

No comments: