Day: Tuesday, 18 September 2007
Wellbeing: Okay
Weather: Very warm
Highlight: St Paul de Vance.
Vance is a small city/village like Lucca. I also had to buy something in memory of it and couldn't really afford the 2100 Euro pair of antique earrings I saw in the window display of a store next to the church. Ever so grateful that we were visiting Vance early, so the store was closed.
But having that urge to buy earrings, I found a pair of affordable earrings and bought those without a wince! Then I bought an original water colour painting for 25 Euros and 2 replicas that only cost 1.50 Euros each.
Later for lunch, we walked from the coach to the water front restaurant (La Fregate) on the French Riviera (Cote d'Azur). I had a pressed fish soup with crusty bread and aioli which was yum for the entree. I then had a scampi with saffron rice and then for dessert we had profiteroles with ice cream in the centre and melted chocolate on top. If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend the fish soup with the bread and aioli and the profiteroles. I couldn't find the same type of profiteroles anywhere else in France...AND it IS to DIE for!
After lunch we walked back along the promenade in Nice and went to Fragonard for some perfume. We had a tour of the production area and had a personal "smelling" session of their perfumes. They don't sell their perfumes in department stores. They have a couple of boutique stores of their own brand (in France only) and they sell online. But otherwise, you won't be able to buy their fragrance anywhere. I bought two bottles. 1 perfume: Eclat and 1 eau de toilette: Belle du nuit. Perfumes last for about 6-8 hours of wear, while eau de toilette is watered down and therefore lasts for about 3-4 hours of wear.
I realised today that I am running low on cash. GDI! In need of transferring money.

No comments:
Post a Comment