Saturday, December 29, 2007

Barcelona

Day: Thursday, 20 September 2007
Wellbeing: Fluey
Weather: Cloudy and mild
Highlight: Guell Park and the Tapas dinner and Flamenco Show

We visited Guell Park, saw Casa Batllo (skull looking building), saw La Padrera (first apartment block with an underground carpark). There was a trumpeter at Guell playing "Fly me to the moon" and it lifted my spirits. I can't say it enough, Gaudi is a genius. On the roof of the "Town centre" in the middle of Guell Park, there are benches around the wall that are ergonomically designed. It looks really uncomfortable to sit and lean back on, but its actually very comfy.

We also managed an excursion to Montserrat, which was great, but i napped before we arrived as well as the ride back to our hotel before dinner. Montserrat houses a Cathederal on top of a mountain. Really serene and peaceful. I had a plate of paella in the food court here, wasn't the best, but it was from a food court...so...yeah...

When we got back to the hotel after Montserrat, I rushed to the mall near the "glass penis" and I went hunting for a pair of heels. You know, leather shoes from Spain...but I didn't manage to find heels and ended up buying 4 pairs of flats from Zara. *LoL* The sales girl thoroughly checked my credit card and passport which made me feel confident n the purchase - good on the sales girl!

I'm happy I got to go shopping on my own. A little upset that I couldn't buy the red or the green clutch - but the clasp on both wasn't secure. GDI! Rushed back to the hotel after the sandal purchases to get ready for dinner.

We went to a restaurant off the main strip in Barcelona (like Pitt St, Sydney) and we were entertained with a passionate flamenco show after a buffet style tapas dinner. We managed to find our Mr April. He is from Russia and we made Lauren take a photo with him for our "Calendar". Well, she did think he was cute. *LoL*

Marese taught me how to say "thank you" in Russian, but i can't remember it now. Too much red wine.

After dinner we went outside to wait for the bus and in the mean time Marese got Lucy dressed up as a flamenco and she danced in the middle of La Romdas (?). There were so many of the group standing around her, that the locals thought she was out performing like a local busker. *LoL* She actually had money thrown at her too.

No comments: