Monday, June 05, 2006

Jack Burger's Post-it break up...

I know. I should stop watching Sex and the City if the reminders are so obvious.

But i treat it as therapy. Its also like going to school where the teacher harps on about the things you should know. I want to learn something, especially since i went through it, and i dont want to be a repeat offender. And anyway, its the last season...how can i not continue to watch it? Carrie goes to Paris...

If you have the DVD's and you also need a lesson to learn about break ups Season 6 Disc 2, episode 6 and 7. Thats the pointer i will give you. Its the relationship with Jack Burger - the "zsa zsa zsu" guy. The one that Carrie thought she would be with for a very long time. And then things went sour and they took "a break". He went away and said that he would call when he gets back. At least he gave her a time frame to work with...whilst i got none.

He comes back, and they reconcile...he does the most thoughtful beautiful thing for her - the pink carnations that she said was "coming back in style"...its simply he listened to her and surprised her with them in her favourite colour. She jokes about the man with the briefcase and fruit...instead of a mango this time, he had a coconut...its a joke only the both of them will understand and appreciate. He stays the night and in the next morning he is gone.

Now why does he leave after they have reconciled...only to break up with a post-it note reading:

"I'm sorry.
I can't do this.
Please don't hate me."

Let me advise all the men out there, post-it notes are not a way to break up with someone. Sleeping with someone and then breaking up with them under the pretension that you are back together is not the way to break up with someone.

Thankfully, this is one unfortunate circumstance i didnt have to go through. Although, i actually had the wonderful blissful, hope-it-never-ends moment prior to the break up. Then i had the break up, which happened to conclude with the "Please don't hate me" line thrown my way for good measure.

Why the f#$% do guys(some) do that? Give you hope and signs that everything is perfectly fine and then in a swift swoop slit your throat from ear to ear and end the crazy massacre on you by asking you not to hate them!!!

Yes. I am still angry.

The episodes brought it back out of me. Like i said...it feels like "the end" is being played out right before my eyes...at least Carrie experienced it over 2 loves in her life, Big and Burger. I suffered the onslaught with just the one. Too much to bear in my opinion, in one sitting. I'm surprised that i havent tried to harm myself. To self-destruct.

But the end is near...Season 6 will close by next week...well, my viewings of it will end by then. Maybe, just maybe, I will put it to rest as well.

No comments: