Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Good Morning Sunshine!

Was i the only one to witness the glory of 2 rainbows early in the morn yesterday?

It was about 7:15am. I was on the train. It started to drizzle. Then the rainbows appeared.

It was so pretty. One was intense in colour. The other was pastel and faint.

Their arcs were formed concentrically.

I'm pretty sure that it was in fact only one rainbow - the inner intense coloured one. I am also pretty sure that the outer fainter coloured one was the shadow of the former. Probably caused by the rain and refractive light of the sun that happened to have risen at the right time.

But that doesnt stop it from being a sight to behold!!!

There is something about the geometry. That the arcs are concentric. Who has ever seen a shadow form around an actual shape? Making the shape the item in the centre. The only time i can think of a shadow doing that, is when you are directly on top of an object/thing and you are getting a birds eye view. But i was sitting on the train. The angles were not aligned with a birds eye view or even a straight on view. I was so far from being perpendicular to the centre of the rainbow.

Hold up! Why didnt it occur to me earlier...? (derr petals!) The sun. The sun is what was aligned perpendicularly with the formation of the rainbow. If anything is going to cause a shadow up in the heavens, it would be the sun!

Anyhoo, it was awesome!

I didnt think anything surprising would occur this morning. Or that anything would occur to match what happened yesterday. But this morning, the sun was just rising...behind some clouds...and it was GLORIOUS! Just behind the clouds, the sun was yawning, the rays were reaching out. I wanted to capture it.

I dont know how, i didnt think about the method i would use to catch it. I considered taking my mobile out and snapping a photo, but when i decided to, the train had progressed and the angle was now wrong. Even if i tried, from where i was sitting, i wouldnt get a nice shot.

I decided that there is no point in capturing a photo of it. I'll paint it. And if i have photographic evidence and my painting didnt measure up to the photo, i would be devastated. So, i will rely on my memory.

I had promised myself that i would paint another picture before the end of this year. A present for someone. This person doesnt know it, as i havent told them. It will be a surprise. They have been lovely and i appreciate their generosity immensely. I had better start cracking if i plan to paint that picture as well as today's sunrise.

I wonder if tomorrow will present itself with another wonderful "hello" to me? Third times the charm...so they say.

My parents celebrated 31 years of marriage yesterday.

Yesterday, also marked my 1 year anniversary with my contracting company. I've worked in project management for a year. I sent an email to my manager to say thank you. He replied by telling me that i had made his day and he hoped that i had a lovely one too.

Today, marks the 1 year anniversary of my touch footy career. Well, it was the first and last day - since I broke my ankle playing. My ankle is still not 100% and i have been told that it never will be. But i can walk. I can run. I can do almost anything but hop too long on my left leg - and who wants to do that anyway? So, i really cant complain...until i try to do balancing yoga acts on my left leg. *LoL*

Today is the 1 year anniversary of seeing my Doctor in the city. He's my alternate to my local GP. He looked after me straight after i broke my ankle, because he was located in my building and the PM (I was working with at the time) had recommended him. He did a wonderful job. I now see him whenever i have an issue and i am unable to see my local GP.

No comments: