Thursday, December 01, 2005

If I were a man...

I usually go on walks during my lunch breaks...climbing stairs...over the bridge...down to the park...weave thru the park...climb more stairs...do that about 5-6 times...walk to the Opera House and then back to the office. Its about 45-50 minutes and so i need a shower after the walk, and luckily we have a change room with showers in my building! *woohoo* Talk about simple pleasures, or is it a luxury?

On one of my walks, it was an overcast day, yet it was sultry and sticky with a very high humidity...I had ran sections where there were grassy patches (after breaking my ankle, I try to avoid hitting the pavement) and so i was perspiring like there was no tomorrow.

I really needed a towel to wipe my sweat off my face and then i saw inspiration.

I saw a middle aged man about late 40's early 50's jogging past and lifting up his singlet to wipe the sweat off his brow...*light bulb goes off* !ding!

I could lift my tee up and wipe my face! So simple an idea but it was screwed from the start.

I'm female.
I have boobs, which i wouldnt want to show anyone even in its berlei sports bra.
I'm ashamed of lifting up my tee to display the rolls on my tummy.

*enough said*

I told E this one night when we were on the fone.

I said "I sometimes wish i was a guy!"
And before i could tell him anything else or relay my story he said "No you dont!"

And when i think about it...he is right...no i really dont. *LoL*

I will be moving on to another project shortly...and it seems that i will be leading it...what does that mean? I dont really know...sounds like more responsibility though...sounds like i will be managing the project...sounds like i will be managing quite a few people...

Am i ready for this???

I'm not sure...although, the project manager that sits next to me in the cubicle, he thinks i will do fine...fine at being thrown into the deep end! He said its the best way to test someone...you throw them in the deep end, and they will either float or sink...

I should float...well, i hope i do!

The manager of our EMC, he asked what was going to happen next after closing the project that im currently on. I said that i will be moving on to another project but for a different team and it seems that i will be leading it. I also added, "whatever that really means..." He then replied "It could mean you will be a project manager..." I said "I cant really see that..." And with confidence he ended the conversation with "Well I can see you managing a project, you've got it in you!"

At least the people around me think i am capable...and all the managers have said that i am perfectly capable...and they are good at spotting the ones with potential, right? Right???

Lets hope i dont let myself down!

No comments: