Thursday, October 27, 2005

Love, humanity & Melbourne Cup!

When I changed my job and started working in the city again, I had to get Dad to drop me off. I would wake up and get ready...and after having breaky, I would call Dad to wake up, and it would give me a couple of minutes to wash the dishes.

Today, when I went to my parents room to wake him up I saw my parents cuddling in bed. I swear that I have never seen them so loving together (in my whole 24 years)...as they were this morning. I was very touched by this sight.

I must love my brothers!

Although my little brother annoys the crap out of me sometimes, I need only to remember how cute he was when I broke up with my ex and the ex made me cry and cry (I was an idiot back then!) - my lil bro offered to bash and even to get rid of him for me! He was 12 or 13 y/o back then...

It was his 18th Birthday yesterday! Pretty crap to have an 18th birthday right smack bang in the middle of your HSC...So, I bought him an ice cream cake...with cookies n cream ice cream & Oreo's...since that was his all time favourites!

My older brother surprised me with a new stereo in the car! *WooHoo* I didnt even know that he installed it for me until I left for my yoga class and noticed that my stereo was off...I turned it on and the display was different (luckily the on/off button was in the same place!)...upon a closer inspection I found it was a 6 CD stacker...the bass was awesome...the sound was awesome...and I found out from my lil bro that it plays mp3!!!

I didnt get to thank my older brother as I didnt find out until after he left to go home...I can thank him tonite...but I'm feeling pretty emotional right now, that I think I might cry in thanking him!

I rarely read the 9to5 or the CityWeekly, I tend to have a novel at hand which is far more engaging. But with regards to the CityWeekly, on a regular basis, I always accept it from the guy who hands it out. I know he is mentally challenged or mentally disabled (in some way)...all depends on how you want to describe it...and yes I do feel sorry for him, but I'm glad he is out there doing something with his life.

As I walk towards him, I see people walk right past ignoring him - some actually push right past him versus just walking around him...And every time I get to him, I give him a smile and I take a CityWeekly. I say "thank you" and he'll say "have a nice day!" and then I will reply with a "you too!"

Its our little conversation. And we have one every Thursday morning.

My company is going to celebrate the Melbourne Cup with a day at Randwick Racecourse...I get to dress up!!! I get to wear a fascinator!!! (Need to make one first)...I just bought beautiful new shoes to wear with my gorgeous silk dress!!! But most of all...since I finished the project and all we are doing is closing it out...there will be celebrations of all sorts - project completion lunch for the main team, company Xmas parties, project completion day out for the whole team!

I'm liking this "beginning of the end" thing.

^_^

2 comments:

PiCkLeS said...

loveeee the races!

Tu said...

Man, been ages since I've read something here. Post somethin juicy heheheh