I tried on this ring that I think is cute and pretty at a jeweller yesterday. I wasn't actually looking for anything, as I was helping a workmate pick out something for his girlfriend's 21st birthday. But as we waited for the store assistant to wrap up his purchase, I noticed this ring.
I asked to try it. It fit on my finger perfectly.
The store is currently having a 50% off on everything in store. So, as you can imagine, I was tempted.
My conscience said, give it back and think about it. So, I managed to return it and left the store.
I kept thinking about it all night. Weighing it up.
Its not a huge diamond, ie engagement ring standards. Its just a pretty decorative dress ring, made up of tiny diamonds totalling 0.25 carats.
The thing is, I don't know if it is worth it. Even with the 50% off. As it is from a typical chain jewellery store. Its set in 9K white gold...but I'm used to 18K white gold...
Can I afford the ring? Yes, I can pay it in total in cash if I wanted to. As with the sale, its an alright price. I actually paid more for a ring without diamonds while I was in Florence last year...but my justification is that it was a holiday purchase...I was meant to be ripped off!
It fits my middle finger perfectly.
The colour of the diamonds are about J or K...but due to the size of them, you wouldn't notice, especially with a naked eye.
I have been wanting to buy myself a ring for a while now. The rings I have at home, just don't feel right on, anymore. And since I can afford to purchase something for myself now...I was thinking "Why not?"
Before NY, I told my Mum that I wanted to buy a diamond dress ring. Sort of similar to Samantha's mentality (SATC Movie- when she went to the auction to buy the flower diamond ring). I work hard for my money...I can now afford to buy myself significant jewellery...so, why not?
Why not? I guess, with the current financial situation, would it be considered that I am flaunting my money around? Isn't there a smarter way to invest my money, to guarantee some sort of future? Its not like I'm buying a substantial sized loose rock as an investment though...
I don't know.
I like it...it fits...I just don't know if I should.
The word "should" has stopped me twice from saying yes and handing over the money. It stopped me yesterday and it stopped me today.
=(

No comments:
Post a Comment