Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hello Kayla!

My brother and sis in law are proud parents to baby #3 - Kayla.

She was born into the world yesterday morning...making sure the world heard her, she was crying loudly. No need for spanking. She did it on her own accord.

I saw her in the early evening...a full head of hair...really hungry...really cute.

I'm just grateful that she is healthy, and both mother and child are doing well.

Does this make me clucky? No.

I now have 2 nieces that look like me...they could easily pass off as mine. I told Mum as I drove her to see her friends (after visiting Kayla in the hospital)...that I don't need to have kids...I now have 2 girls that look like me!

Is it enough...? Sure is for me! At least for now...

I was thinking, before I went to NY and Mauritius...that when I got back, I have to be proactive and write up a will and get my finances in order. Its now time to do all these things. But writing up a will is...I don't know...I know I have to do it, but I don't really want to. I don't fear death...its going to happen...maybe I'm just lazy??? I don't know why I keep putting off writing my will.

But anyway...about my gorgeous baby niece...its funny to see how each girl reacts to her new sister. When Chloe was born...being the first she obviously got use to the attention. So, when Aimee came into the world, Chloe was not surprisingly miffed that she was no longer in the spotlight. Being older now, when Chloe visited Kayla she warmed up to her little sister right away. Aimee on the other hand...I think she realised that she is no longer the baby of the family...so, she didn't quite want to hug Kayla...hehehe...kiddies and their hierarchy!

Overall, from watching her sister's example, Aimee warmed up to Kayla after a while.

Welcome to the world Kayla...*mwah*

No comments: