Saturday, February 09, 2008

21st Birthdays...

I remember my 21st birthday...it was pretty big with 100 guests...50 people were friends...50 were relatives...the restaurant gave me a 3-tier birthday cake and we shared the restaurant with a couple who were having their wedding, but I had more guests.

I made a short "Thank you" speech, but no one else spoke about me.

I guess there are some things I wish I could change, but overall, I had a fun time. Especially at the Karaoke after the dinner...

There are a number of people I know who are celebrating their 21st this year. I went to one of my cousin's 21st the other week. It was at Emperor's Garden and because her uncle on the other side of the family is a photographer, it looked as though she was having her wedding. *LoL*

She had a book for everyone to sign it, it was a photo album with professional shots when she went out with the family to Watsons Bay...very similar to a wedding book for signatures...there were name cards for the tables and to top it off, she had a birthday cake that had proper icing!!! (Which I happened to miss out on, because I had to leave early!) =(

I spoke to her the next day and she had an absolute blast...she didn't intend on going out after the dinner, but her friends coaxed her and they did something afterwards.

Tonight I'm going to a club in Kings Cross for another cousin's 21st birthday. Why is she having her party there? I'm not sure...but i'll be there tonight to help her celebrate it! I just hope the rain stays away for the night.

Meanwhile, I asked her what the dress code was and she told me to wear a dress....I asked her what music was going to be played and she said "ugly dance music"...???...I had a complete blonde moment and asked her "is that a new genre that I don't know about because I haven't been clubbing in years?" *crickets in the background*

Then something clicked and I was like "ohhh...ugly, dance music"...*LoL*

And then she warned me that it was Mardi Gras tonight...but I checked online and because of the rain during the day, the Launch party has been moved to 5pm indoors at the Supper Club...I was worried that there would be road blocks, etc...

My younger brother is also turning 21 this year, but in October. Everyone has asked what he would be doing for his birthday...but since my older brother and I had our birthday at the same restaurant, I doubt Mum will organise anything different. Its all about being fair and even with my Mum. The question is, does he want to celebrate like that?

So, back to tonight...I'll be donning my dancing shoes and hopefully the music won't be so "ugly".

No comments: